As of June 1st, 2019
WAYSEED.com understands that the privacy and security of your personal information is very important and we therefore take this responsibility very seriously.
We never sell or share your information with any third party company.
What information do we collect?
- Your first name, last name and email address is required to create an account. Accounts are needed to make a donation, and can be created via the Sign Up button or during the donation checkout process.
- Communications you send us. Such as reporting an error, asking a question or making a comment via the Contact Us function.
- IP Address
- Mailing Address (optional)
How we use your information?
- Your email address is also your account username and is required for logging in to the site for making future donations, reviewing donation history or updating information in your account profile.
- To send a Tax deductible receipt to your email account.
- To send information we think may be of interest to you, based on previous use of the site.
- To administer your account.
- To analyze the use of the site and the people visiting to improve our content and services.
Your email address, first name, last name and mailing address (if provided) is shared with the Project Coordinator, if the project is successfully funded. This is used to continue to communicate with you, such as sending you thank you emails, providing you with ongoing project updates and how your donations are being used.
Project coordinators NEVER receive your credit card information. WAYSEED.com does NOT collect, store or receive this information either.
You information is stored in a secure database by our webhosting provider Digital Ocean (www.digitalocean.com).
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to encrypt your sensitive personal information (such as email or password) before it is sent over the internet. To view our SSL Certificate please click here.
Credit Card details are NEVER stored on our website, database or servers.
The security of your information is very important to us. We follow commercially accepted standards to protect the information you send to us. However, no method is 100% secure and therefore we cannot guarantee or make any express or implied warranty regarding its security. If you have any questions about our website security, please contact us at https://www.wayseed.com/contact/
Accessing or updating your information
Every user automatically creates an Account when registering or donating to WAYSEED.com. Your account can then be accessed at clicking on ‘Log In’ button from the header menu. From your Account screen you can provide your mailing address, update email address, change display name, modify password, enable ‘Instant Checkout’, upload an Avatar (via a link to Gravatar.com) and review your donation history.
Deleting Your Account
The only way to delete your account is to send an email using https://www.wayseed.com/contact/. Once your inquiry has been received, your account will be deactivated within 48 hours.
Upon registration you consent to our using of your email address to send you Service-related notices. You may not opt-out these Service-related communications, such as: Transaction emails (Welcome, Thank You, Project Success, Project Updates) and your receipt emails. However, you can opt-out of the monthly newsletter by clicking on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of every newsletter email.
Cookies are small computer files which are downloaded onto your device and collect information about the way in which you navigate and use our website and the internet. Cookies do not collect information that allows us to identify individual users. The information provided by cookies helps us to provide you with a more personal experience and allows us to make improvements to our services over time. You may delete and block all Cookies or decide to just block certain types of Cookies via your browser setting. However, if you choose to block or delete Cookies, this may affect the functionality of the website.
Links to other websites
Last Update: June 1st, 2019